7+ Ways to Easily Overcome Old Windows 11 Boot
Although many Windows 11 updates are very good, they will have an impact on the hardware to make Windows 11 boot longer.
If you’ve just used Windows 11 and it feels like a long time when booting Windows 11, then that’s normal. Because Windows 11 has new features such as the Linux sub operating system, new animation features and more. This of course will make loading or booting windows longer than usual.
Luckily there are a number of things you can do to help Windows 11 run faster than usual. So here are some ways to deal with Windows 11 booting which is very slow and long.
1. Turn off Application Startup
The first reason that makes loading Windows 11 slow on your laptop/computer is the startup application that runs automatically when Windows 11 boots. Now to turn off the startup application, follow the steps below.
- Press the button Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously on your keyboard.
- After that a Task Manager window will appear and select More details in the lower left corner.
- Then select the sub menu named Startups.
- Choose impact startup which high / high.
- Right click then select button disabled.
Please select an application startup that has a high impact value. Or you can disable all applications that run at startup to make it faster.
You can also set your own windows startup to suit your needs the first time you turn on your computer/laptop.
2. Enable Fast Startup
As the name implies, fast startup in Windows can help your PC / laptop boot faster after it is turned off. By activating Fast Startup it will prevent Windows 11 from turning off completely, which means it still saves memory even if the PC / Laptop is turned off.
Here’s how to activate fast startup in Windows 11 so Windows loads faster.
- Open the Run menu by pressing the button Windows + R then enter.
- Enter the control word then press the button Ok to enter the Control Panel.
- Select a menu Power Options.
- Next select the menu Choose What The Power Buttons Do.
- Select a menu Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Finally tick the menu Turn on fast startup (recommended).
- Press the button save changes to save settings and restart your PC.
3. Disable Visual Effects
Visual Effects is another reason that allows Windows 11 to boot longer, especially if your laptop or PC uses less memory around 4gb – 8gb RAM.
You can disable windows visual effects to see for yourself if it helps reduce loading times in Windows 11, Here are the steps.
- Open the Windows Start menu, then type and open view advanced system settings.
- Select the named menu advanced then Performance Settings.
- Next select the menu Visual Effectstick and select an option Adjust for best performance.
- Finally press the button apply.
4. Enable Storage Sense
There will be a lot of junk files on your computer from time to time. Ultimately this will be detrimental to the PC / Laptop you are using because it will slow down the system.
The solution to dealing with this garbage is to activate the latest Windows 11 feature, Storage Sense. Storage Sense is a feature that can help you clean up junk files automatically. Here’s how to enable Storage Sense in Windows 11.
- Go to Windows Settings or press Windows key + i.
- Select a menu System > Storage.
- Activate Storage Sense Becomes On.
5. Turn off services other than Windows
You can try cleaning services that you don’t think are needed in Windows, such as third-party applications. In this way, only Windows services will run on the system, thus preventing slow or slow loading. Following are the steps to turn off the service in Windows.
- Open RUN or press the button Windows + R.
- Next type msconfig then press the button enter.
- In the new window, select menu Services.
- Make sure to tick the button Hide All Microsoft Services.
- Select all third-party applications that you want to stop the service.
- Finally press the button Disable All.
- With this third party applications will be killed apart from the Microsoft Windows application itself.
6. Use SSDs
Now the use of hard disks or HDD is very rarely used because of slow performance and easy to damage in a few years.
It’s time to replace using an SSD (solid state drive) for the Windows 11 operating system because of its fast performance and of course it’s durable in storing files and fast when transferring files to other media.
You can see a comparison of using SSD and HDD on Youtube to make sure you move to using SSD.
7. Update VGA Drivers
If you use VGA on a computer or laptop, make sure you have updated to the latest version. Or don’t you don’t use the VGA driver yet.
For that, make sure to download the VGA driver according to the brand you are using, for example, you can get NVDIA drivers on the official website. And for laptops, just type the laptop brand on Google and end with the graphics driver keyword to get the updated software.
8. Update Windows 11
Because a development project is not completely left alone, Windows will quickly update to the latest version of the operating system so that performance can be improved.
By updating Windows 11 to the latest version, it is possible that the performance on your laptop or computer will be more stable and faster.
9. Clean Malware
One of the things that may not be known and makes your Windows 11 laptop or computer slow is the problem of a malware virus. Because usually malware will make the performance of the computer / laptop affected by this attack worse.
For that, make sure to clean malware several times in its lifetime to prevent it. Cleaning or removing malware is very easy with the help of the Malwarebytes software.
And here’s how to scan and clean malware that makes your computer / laptop slow.
So, I think that’s how to deal with old windows 11 boots with several methods. Of course you can apply the method above yourself to prove the performance afterwards.
Besides that, you can too speed up windows 11 in one of the ways above. Good luck and good luck overcoming slow on Windows 11 huh.
7+ Ways to Easily Overcome Old Windows 11 Boot